ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick pack and ship, service for online businesses.
As a Business Development Manager you will operate a frontline sales presence and be first point of contact in the initial stages of conversion. Take responsibility and ownership until the account is converted and handed over in house to our implementation team. Exceptional customer focus and a professional approach. Proactively look for new business with a methodical and consistent approach. Developing, maximising and enhancing all sales opportunities arising from opportunities identified by both yourself and the company. Be an ambassador for all marketing activity, outbound campaigns, direct prospect
and market sector intelligence gathering. Actively participate in all marketing initiatives and take responsibility for the administration of all your activities accurately and efficiently. Help the business drive its ultimate ambition of strategic marketing led targeted sales in fulfilment in the UK and Europe:
- Operate a frontline sales presence and be a first point of contact for potential new business.
- Follow all brand standards and ILG values in all verbal and written communications.
- Active participation in all marketing activities including online, offline, campaigns direct mailings, exhibitions.
- Be prepared to travel throughout Europe.
- To manage personal diaries and to book geographically strategic meetings.
- Input and maintain accurate and up to date records in ILG CRM which is currently “Salesforce”
- To communicate clearly, in writing, the requirements of all new customers to the implementation team and collaborate throughout the on-boarding process to ensure successful integration.
- Up sell all ILG services to prospective customer
- Be responsible for promoting new initiatives and services
To join the team, you’ll need:
- Can demonstrate a proven ability to convert new business
- A high level of emotional resilience
- Previous experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to handle and manage negative feedback, objection and rejection.
- Superb administration of own activities.
- Understanding of ILG Fulfilment service offerings following training
- IT Literate – able to use Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel to a competent standard.
- Methodical and organised ways of working
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels of seniority.
- Strong team player
- Enthusiastic and effective communicator
- Driving Licence required and ability to travel in the UK and Europe
- Salary of up to £30,000 to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
- Pension and life assurance
- Healthshield care package and discount perks
- On-site parking
- A dedicated platform for learning and development
- Following successful probation period opportunity for hybrid working in line with ILG policy up to 50/50 remote / office working
- Staff member of the month awards
- Staff introduction scheme
- 22 days’ holiday with the option to buy/sell holiday
- Birthday leave