ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick pack and ship, service for online businesses.
We are an ambitious fast paced growing business. We are looking for a motivated and adaptive individual to come and join the ILG Team and help us on our journey supporting internal and external recruitment. The Recruitment Assistant is key to support the recruitment, scheduling administration and onboarding administrative procedures relating to the recruitment, employment and onboarding of staff.
Our dedicated staff take pride in delivering first class services to our clients. They enjoy the benefits of working for an expanding business, continually developing their skills and being encouraged to take on new challenges.
We have an excellent track record of promoting from within to ensure we retain the best people with the knowledge and drive to deliver fantastic services in e-commerce fulfilment. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated and proactive HR and Recruitment function, We would love to hear from you.
This key role will be pivotal in achieving our growth strategy. Reporting directly to the Deputy Managing Director, this role will take overall responsibility for the HR, Learning & Development, Recruitment and Payroll functions.
- Develop and implement HR strategy to support business growth.
- Lead the HR department which comprises, HR management, HR administration (including payroll and pension), L&D and recruitment functions.
- Develop HR procedures and policies to reflect business aims and best practice.
- Develop and implement employee compensation and benefits programmes.
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning, talent retention and acquisition.
- Developing company wellbeing, health and counselling policies.
- Creating and managing the HR department’s annual budget.
Learning and Development/CSR
- Define and develop the initiatives which underpin a company’s 3 CSR objectives: people, community and environment.
- Support and enhance the company’s commitment to the employment of young apprentices and WorkAid programme.
- Use internal and external communication to reinforce the company’s social responsibility policies
- Lead the annual corporate performance development review process.
- Liaise with our parent company Yusen to maximise the opportunities of joint working.
- Develop and implement the best sourcing methods strategy to find candidates.
- Evaluate and recommend the best recruiting software to deliver a best-in-class onboarding process
- Work with the Recruitment Manager to develop and implement solution to improve the ILG employer brand.
- Deliver Recruitment statistics to drive activity and improve performance
- Support the Recruitment Manager to enhance the recruitment process and deliver exceptional candidates in the most effective way.
- Ensure the Peak recruitment process is resourced to ensure internal and external partners deliver quality trained temporary candidates on time.
To join the team, you’ll need:
- CIPD qualified with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Significant experience leading a HR function demonstrating stability within previous roles and the ability to deliver high levels of employee engagement
- Experienced HR leadership in an industry that comprises a large percentage of shift rota workers, such as hospitality, retail, manufacturing or logistics
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Familiarity of managing TUPE situations and able to advise senior management on appropriate practice.
- Experience of managing a recruitment function in an environment where temporary labour regularly supplements permanent staff
- Experience of managing restructures and redundancy situations and in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Experience of delivering a training and development strategy to achieve organisational goals
- Experience of successfully handling complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases with professionalism.
- Sufficient knowledge of payroll and pension legislation and processes to lead the function
- Experience of delivering sustainable CSR initiatives that contribute to organisational success
- Competitive depending on experience, plus car allowance
- Pension and life assurance
- Healthshield care package and discount perks
- On-site parking
- A dedicated platform for learning and development
- Following successful probation period opportunity for hybrid working in line with ILG policy up to 50/50 remote / office working
- Staff member of the month awards
- Staff introduction scheme
- 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy/sell holiday
- Birthday leave