ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick pack and ship, service for online businesses.
Our dedicated staff take pride in delivering first class services to our clients. They enjoy the benefits of working for an expanding business, continually developing their skills and being encouraged to take on new challenges.
We have an excellent track record of promoting from within to ensure we retain the best people with the knowledge and drive to deliver fantastic services in e-commerce fulfilment. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated and proactive HR and Recruitment function, We would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of HR and with the support of an HR/Payroll Administrator, to ensure all HR administrative procedures relating to the employment and payment are completed, recorded and retained in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with ILG policies and employment legislation.
- Ensure accurate preparation of monthly payroll for payroll bureau including the administration of monthly, quarterly and annual bonus payments.
- Ensure accurate administration of permanent and temporary adjustments to pay such as allowances, overtime, credit union payments, unpaid leave, salary changes etc
- Responsible for all pension scheme administration including set up of joiners, leavers, process changes and make monthly contributions. Ensure auto-enrolment legislation compliance.
- Response to employee payroll queries and administrate the distribution of p45’s
- Ensure completion of the monthly ONS report.
- Manage all administration relating to the biannual salary review.
- Ensure probationary periods are monitored and permanent employment is confirmed. Complete all administrative tasks associated with completion of probation
- Manage the processing of all amendments to terms of employment in a timely and accurate manner and issuing written confirmation of the contractual change. Calculate pro-rata entitlements and ensure accurate processing of flexible working patterns.
- Ensure personal files and associated records, both paper and electronic (Access), are maintained to ensure the efficient operation of the HR service and compliance with ILG policies/employment legislation.
- Monitor sickness absence records and ensure effective management and reporting. Produce and report the sickness absence statistics.
- Manage the administration of employee benefits schemes, e.g. Healthshield cash plan, Cycle to work, Life Assurance etc
- Manage the HR Software – Access HR. Be the ‘expert’ in terms of system functionality and development.
- Produce ILG monthly HR statistics for Yusen Logistics RHQ reporting.
- Act as the HR representative at meetings with both internal and external audit.
- Other tasks and duties as are reasonably directed by relevant managers
To join the team, you’ll need:
- Previous experience of processing payroll either directly or of preparing a payroll for processing by a bureau. (highly desirable)
- Numerate – able to calculate pro-rata entitlements, gross and net pension contributions etc (essential)
- Sound Excel skills, able to use formula, (essential)
- Knowledge of the legislation relating to payroll, e.g. auto-enrolment, SSP, SMP (essential)
- Able to demonstrate sound administration skills in a role where accuracy and attention to details are paramount (essential)
- Experience of introducing procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency of administrative procedures (essential)
- Sound communication skills, both verbally and written skills. Able to draft emails/letters conveying sensitive information. (essential)
- Knowledge of employment law relating to the wider HR function (desirable)
- Previous experience of managing functionality and development of HR software (essential)
- Sound organisational skills to manage workload covering a range of disciplines. (essential)
- A small element of national travel required so driving licence and car is desirable
- Certificate in Personnel Practice or Level 3 equivalent (desirable)
- £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
- Pension and life assurance
- Healthshield care package and discount perks
- On-site parking
- A dedicated platform for learning and development
- Following successful probation period opportunity for hybrid working in line with ILG policy up to 50/50 remote / office working
- Staff member of the month awards
- Staff introduction scheme
- 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy/sell holiday
- Birthday leave