We’re an award-winning, market-leading 3PL specialising in high-quality order fulfilment and delivery services. ILG customers are premium brands, many in the beauty, fashion and wellbeing sectors. Our mission is to help them succeed. ILG is a people business – we invest in training and development, recognising and rewarding our people’s achievements and creating opportunities for them to progress within our business. We understand the importance of making time to unwind and have fun, so we fund a number of social events, including our amazing annual party. Each year we celebrate in style, present our annual employee awards and recognise the people that make our business so special. So, if you want to develop an exciting career, learn from a friendly team and realise your full potential in a fast-growing company, this is the role for you.
This role will also provide first line HR advice and guidance to line managers, along with managing a case load of employee relations and change management cases. The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Being the first point of contact for HR advice, support and assistance to line management and staff.
- Responsible for assisting management with company probation, performance reviews and PDR’s
- Build effective working relationships with staff at all levels providing advice and guidance on ILG HR policies and employment legislation.
- Managing a range of employee relations cases including conducting investigations, and advising at grievance and disciplinary meetings. Assist, guide or coach the line manager, or where necessary lead the case.
- Supporting the HR Manager with ongoing and future HR projects e.g. wellbeing month, employee survey etc
- Working with the HR Admin team to ensure all new starters are legally compliant before commencement. For example, all documentation has been requested and returned timely, the delivery of induction, and set up on HRIS.
- Proactively manage both long term and short-term sickness cases advising managers on appropriate action taken and liaising with our occupational health provider where appropriate. Conduct sickness absence management meetings in line with policy.
- Assisting with HR reporting as needed. To provide various reports and people data for agreed stakeholders. For example, DBS reporting, starters, progress on sickness absence trackers and to use initiative to consider action required when reviewing reports.
What we are looking for
- CIPD qualified
- Significant experience of managing sensitive employee relations. Handling investigations, disciplinary and grievance issues (highly desirable), both formal and informal, including writing investigation reports and acting as the HR Representative at Hearings to provide advice.
- Able to demonstrate sound administration skills with good accuracy and attention to detail (essential)
- Sound communication skills, both verbally and written skills. Able to draft emails/letters conveying sensitive information. (essential)
- Knowledge of employment legislation (essential)
- Confidence to coach line managers through policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and understand different departments needs and demands
- Experience of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel and Word to an advanced level.
- Full UK driving licence with access to a car (desirable)
- Company Bonus scheme (£300)
- Following successful probation period, opportunity for hybrid working in line with ILG policy up to 50/50 remote/office working
- Pension, Life Assurance, Healthshield Cash Plan and Discount Perks
- 22 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) increasing to 25 days after 2 complete holiday years, with the option to buy/sell holiday
- Birthday leave
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee plus monthly fruit baskets
- Free on-site parking and free electric car charging points
- Dedicated platform for learning and development
- Staff member of the month rewards
- Monthly company social events and an annual awards ceremony
- Employee assistance programme to promote mental health wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme