ILG has grown from a small, ambitious company providing warehousing and delivery services out of one warehouse in Sussex to one of the UK’s leading 3PL providers in the sector in which it operates. Our warehousing operation provides our clients with specialist outsourced order fulfilment and delivery services to retailers and consumers at home.
Providing high-quality warehousing, order management, rework, product personalisation and stock control to prestige brands in sectors including, Health & Wellbeing, Technology, Luxury & Fast Fashion, Beauty, Skin Care, Hair Care & Cosmetics. Our delivery business provides local and national clients from all sectors with personal customer care and access to a wide range of global parcel and freight carriers at below market pricing. We also provide a single technology platform to produce shipping documentation and a shipment tracking capability for multiple domestic and global parcel carriers.
In 2018 we became part of Yusen Logistics (YL), which has strengthened our freight forwarding service offering by air, road and ocean to add to our established global parcel delivery services. Demand for our services is at an all-time high resulting in significant investment in our ambitious growth strategy with Warehouses across the South East, Midlands and extending into mainland Europe. Reporting into the IT Director, you will be responsible for the management of ILG’s IT Operations, including support and change management functions.
Reporting into the Product Manager you will be responsible to ensure all software products released meet agreed functional and technical requirements, prior to deployment to the live production environment.
- Development of test plans to ensure solutions meet agreed acceptance criteria – which may span Regression Testing, UAT, SIT and Performance tests
- Development of test cases/scripts to ensure functional and non-functional coverage of the application is appropriate
- Hands-on execution of test scripts and analysis/reporting of results, prior to deployment to production
- Execution of post-deployment smoke tests to ensure the application(s) are still functioning as expected once deployed to production
- Coordination of QA activities across a cross-functional team, to ensure quality criteria of final deliverables are met
- Defect management of reported bugs, and assignment to relevant software developers
- Drive continuous improvement to test coverage and process efficiency, through investigation and possible deployment of test automation technologies
- Maintain good working relationship with internal / external stakeholders and 3rd party IT service providers
- Supports the Product Manager, as required
To join the team, you’ll need:
- Proven experience as a QA Tester, Analyst, Manager or similar role
- Experience in project management concepts, and ability to manage own workload
- Familiar with Software Development Lifecycle
- Familiar with software testing methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced problem-solving experience
- Working knowledge of test management software (desirable)
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Scripting / programming experience, to support development (desirable)
- The role requires you to be able to travel to ILG’s sites in line with business needs, and in-line with the ILG’s home-working policy
- Competitive, dependent on experience
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Staff member of the month awards
- We believe in working hard and having fun
- Parking costs you nothing and you get free tea and coffee!
- Share in our business-wide supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Access opportunities to progress your career internally at ILG
- Company Bonus Scheme