ILG has grown from a small, ambitious company providing warehousing and delivery services out of one warehouse in Sussex to one of the UK’s leading 3PL providers in the sector in which it operates. Our warehousing operation provides our clients with specialist outsourced order fulfilment and delivery services to retailers and consumers at home.
The Junior Data Analyst provides support to the finance function ensuring shipment data is accurately recorded in our systems so that ultimately customers are invoiced correctly, and profit is stated accurately. It requires manipulation of large volumes of data, investigation of variances by way of exception reporting resulting in corrective action being taken.
Working autonomously to tight deadlines this role requires a numerate, logical thinker who enjoys investigating and resolving variances. Responsible for ensuring data is processed and corrected on a weekly basis whilst identifying trends, highlighting process improvements and working as part of a larger finance function, providing support in other areas as required.
- Importing and manipulating large volumes of carrier data, and investigating variances arising between invoiced charges and accruals within our internal systems
- Validation of carrier charges against agreed tariffs and taking corrective actions where appropriate to ensure cost accruals and pricing to the customer is correctly stated
- Supporting the wider finance team on ad hoc projects, administration and requests
- Participating actively in continuous process improvement projects, seeking ways to develop current working processes
- Providing management information where requested
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, including functions such as lookups, pivot tables and if statements
- Strong experience of manipulating data, reporting and problem solving in Excel
- Demonstrable experience of high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- An effective problem solver who enjoys seeing tasks through to completion
- Enjoys working in process driven environment and becoming an expert in their field
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and proven experience of working to tight deadlines
- Able to work successfully as part of a team
- Knowledge of the logistics industry, reconciliation and previous experience dealing with couriers and industry suppliers is desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Pension, life assurance and Healthshield, care package and discount perks
- 22 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) rises to 25 days after two full years with the option to buy / sell holiday
- Share in our business-wide supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Access opportunities to progress your career internally at ILG
- Staff member of the month awards
- Parking costs you nothing and you get free tea and coffee
- Company Bonus Scheme