ILG has grown from a small, ambitious company providing warehousing and delivery services out of one warehouse in Sussex to one of the UK’s leading 3PL providers in the sector in which it operates. Our warehousing operation provides our clients with specialist outsourced order fulfilment and delivery services to retailers and consumers at home.
Providing high-quality warehousing, order management, rework, product personalisation and stock control to prestige brands in sectors including, Health & Wellbeing, Technology, Luxury & Fast Fashion, Beauty, Skin Care, Hair Care & Cosmetics. Our delivery business provides local and national clients from all sectors with personal customer care and access to a wide range of global parcel and freight carriers at below market pricing. We also provide a single technology platform to produce shipping documentation and a shipment tracking capability for multiple domestic and global parcel carriers.
In 2018 we became part of Yusen Logistics (YL), which has strengthened our freight forwarding service offering by air, road and ocean to add to our established global parcel delivery services. Demand for our services is at an all-time high resulting in significant investment in our ambitious growth strategy with Warehouses across the South East, Midlands and extending into mainland Europe.
Responsible for checking, recording and processing of supplier invoices and employee expense claims to support the integrity of the company’s financial records.
• Processing supplier invoices and credit notes
• Accurate recognition of cost and liability in the company books
• Maintenance of supplier relationships with suppliers being paid to agreed terms
• Resolution of queries and disputes in a timely manner
• Management of supplier statement reconciliations
• Processing staff expenses
• Working within the Finance team to ensure deadlines are met, workload effectively organised and covering sickness and holiday absence as required
• Providing support to the Management Accountant & Financial controller with month end and year end reporting requirements
• Submission of invoices and credit notes to third party scanning team
• Assisting with the maintenance of the Purchase Order system to ensure the invoice/credit note matching process in operating effectively
• Investigation of variances and corrective action, such as, request credit notes
• Production of KPI’s to aid the monitoring of departmental targets
• Reconciliation of overhead and cost of sale supplier statements on a monthly basis
• Raising adhoc and bimonthly payment to supplier’s vis BACS and electronic bank transfer
• Daily recording of payments into the accounting system
• Daily reconciliation of company bank accounts
• Assisting with cash forecasting analysis
• Liaison with supplier and ILG departments for setting up new suppliers
• Review of purchase ledger prior to month end with necessary action to clear debit balances
• Support the review and settlement of employee expenses
• Assisting with the ordering of stationery and adhoc supplies for the department
• Production of monthly reports for the Financial Controller as required.
Experience & Knowledge
• Studying towards an AAT qualification or qualified AAT.
• Experience of taking ownership of and resolving supplier queries in a timely manner
• Understands the purpose of the purchase ledger control account
• Understands the effect of debit balances on the purchase ledger
• Experience of using standard accounting packages to process supplier invoices and payments
Skills & abilities
• Fully conversant in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & Outlook)
• Proven ability to work to tight reporting deadlines and effectively manage own workload
• Ability to perform supplier statement reconciliations
• Can demonstrate ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers
• Diligent with good attention to detail to ensure suppliers charge according to agreed rates.
- Salary £21,000 to £23,500 depending on experience
- Pension, life assurance and Healthshield, care package and discount perks
- 30 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) rises to 33 days after two full years with the option to buy / sell holiday
- Share in our business-wide supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Access opportunities to progress your career internally at ILG
- Staff member of the month awards
- Parking costs you nothing and you get free tea and coffee
- Company Bonus Scheme