Great people have always been a cornerstone of ILG. And, because we’re growing fast we’re on the lookout for more great people to join our amazing team.
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to develop your skills within warehousing and logistics? ILG is looking for Stock Controllers to join the team at our Northampton site. Could you thrive in a major fast paced delivery company?
If so, read on.
We rely on a talented and engaged workforce that’s ready to go the extra mile for our customers. In return we go further to reward our people and share our success. So, we give a voice to all our colleagues on sustainability, health and safety and other essential issues. We run ‘staff member of the month’ awards to spotlight star performers. And we have a lively social committee to ensure we play as hard as we work!
As an inclusive employer we feel our workforce should mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. So, we promote equality and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
- Manage and co-ordinate stock take and cycle counting activities to ensure the required level of service is provided to the customer
- Actively support operational change whilst effectively minimising disruption to production and service
- Maintain and improve performance levels to maximise accuracy of stock figures in line with site KPI’s
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to line manager e.g. stock count variances, count accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Work in close liaison with Customer Services, Warehouse Team Leaders and externally with customers to facilitate for stock control procedures
- Participate actively in continuous process improvement projects, seek ways to develop and maximise customer service levels
- Ensure activities are cost effective
- For full list of responsibilities, please download job description.
Cycle count and Stock Check management
Stock figures adjusted within relevant stock management system
Client products booked in and located within relevant management system
Fulfilment and warehouse locations are correctly labelled
Resource management, ensuring adequate allocation of resource and appropriate hours of work
Health & Safety issues raised immediately
- Previous experience of stock control
- Methodical and able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise workload and tasks
- Possess an understanding of warehouse management systems and MS office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to react within a complex and growing operational environment
- Able to develop and roll out processes and systems to improve efficiency of department
- Forward thinking with the ability to “think on your feet”
- Ability to motivate and manage a small team
- Salary of £22,557 to £26,364 per annum, plus 10% shift allowance, dependent on experience. Additional incentive for candidates who hold a valid forklift licence.
- Annual bonus scheme
- We believe in working hard and having fun
- Pension, life assurance and Healthshield - Care Package and Discount Perks
- Share in our business-wide supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- 22 days’ holiday increasing to 25 days after two complete holiday years, with the option to buy/sell holiday
- Staff member of the month awards
- A dedicated platform for learning and development
- Parking costs you nothing and you get free tea and coffee!