Forklift licence is desirable
Great people have always been a cornerstone of ILG. And, because we’re growing fast, we’re on the lookout for more great people to join our amazing team.
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to gain experience warehousing and logistics? ILG is looking for a Goods In Assistant to join the team at our Salfords site. Could you thrive as a Warehouse Operative for a major delivery company?
If so, read on
We rely on a talented and engaged workforce that’s ready to go the extra mile for our customers. In return we go further to reward our people and share our success. So, we give a voice to all our colleagues on sustainability, health and safety and other essential issues. We run ‘staff member of the month’ awards to spotlight star performers. And we have a lively social committee to ensure we play as hard as we work!
As an inclusive employer we feel our workforce should mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. So, we promote equality and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
- Work in close liaison with Customer Services, sales and externally with customers and transport organisations in order to organise and maintain the incoming delivery schedule
- Receiving stock, checking and entering on the Goods-In log and placing in designated areas in goods in
- Booking stock in accordance with timeframe in client SLA and ensuring that stock booking in is in accordance with the delivery manifest.
- Process returns using 3Ex.Net IT systems/Client’s own system and Google Docs in accordance with procedure
- Ensure that cycle counts of stock are completed in a timely and accurate fashion, in accordance with customer/s SLAs
- Previous experience of warehouse goods-in activities (desirable)
- IT skills and demonstrates and ability to learn our bespoke warehousing IT system
- Previous experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail, and good numerical skills
- Communication skills in order to write straightforward e-mails and give verbal instructions/information to colleagues
- Physically fit enough to work in a role where the vast majority of the day is standing and requires some lifting
- Forklift licence is desirable
- £20,799 - £21,937 per annum DOE with additional incentive for candidates who hold a valid forklift licence.
- We believe in working hard and having fun
- 22 days’ holiday with the option to buy and sell your holiday days
- Share in our business-wide supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Access opportunities to progress your career internally at ILG
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff member of the month awards
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee
- Free on-site parking