Great people have always been a cornerstone of ILG. And, because we’re growing fast and coming up to our busiest time of year, we’re on the lookout for more great people to join our amazing team.
Are you a driven leader with experience within warehousing and logistics? ILG is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join the team at one of our sites in Crawley. Could you thrive as a Warehouse Manager for a major delivery company?
If so, read on
We rely on a talented and engaged workforce that’s ready to go the extra mile for our customers. In return we go further to reward our people and share our success. So, we give a voice to all our colleagues on sustainability, health and safety and other essential issues. We run ‘staff member of the month’ awards to spotlight star performers. And we have a lively social committee to ensure we play as hard as we work!
As an inclusive employer we feel our workforce should mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. So, we promote equality and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
- Ensure activities are resource and cost effective maximising operational efficiencies in line with agreed KPI’s
- Actively promote and support operational change and continual improvement
- Monitor, measure and ensure continued high levels of service to the customer
- Conduct daily briefings and ensure effective communications within the Operational Team
- Responsible for communication of issues/information to up line management e.g. transport, delivery schedules, warehouse accuracy or general warehouse queries
- Be proactive in the development and training of warehouse staff, conducting regular reviews
- Maintain and promote good industrial and employment relations on site and ensure potential problems are dealt with at an early stage
- Manage very large staff volumes including agency and temporary staff
- Ensure the company are fully compliant at all times of all H & S responsibility and regulations
- Previous experience of successfully managing a Warehouse operation or demonstrates the ability to do that (essential)
- Demonstrates leadership skills – Must be a self-starter, enthusiastic and an effective communicator in order to build and lead a high performing team
- A proven ability to performance manage, mentor and coach members of the Warehouse team
- Ability to co-ordinate and delegate within a team whilst remaining operationally hands on, with the capability to co-ordinate daily activities
- Previous experience of working within 3PL warehouse environment
- Methodical and able to demonstrate and ability to manage and prioritise workload and tasks
- Possess an understanding of warehouse management system and MS office packages (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of working with continuous improvement
- Experience of a providing outsourced warehousing for a range of clients distributing to both wholesale and e-commerce customers
- Salary up to £45,000 per annum dependent on experience including phone allowance
- Pension, life assurance and Healthshield, care package and discount perks
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays with the option to buy and sell holiday
- Share in our business-wide supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Access opportunities to progress your career internally at ILG
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff member of the month awards
- Parking costs you nothing and you get free tea and coffee