ILG has grown from a small, ambitious company providing warehousing and delivery services out of one warehouse in Sussex to one of the UK’s leading 3PL providers in the sector in which it operates. Our warehousing operation provides our clients with specialist outsourced order fulfilment and delivery services to retailers and consumers at home.
Providing high-quality warehousing, order management, rework, product personalisation and stock control to prestige brands in sectors including, Health & Wellbeing, Technology, Luxury & Fast Fashion, Beauty, Skin Care, Hair Care & Cosmetics. Our delivery business provides local and national clients from all sectors with personal customer care and access to a wide range of global parcel and freight carriers at below market pricing. We also provide a single technology platform to produce shipping documentation and a shipment tracking capability for multiple domestic and global parcel carriers.
In 2018 we became part of Yusen Logistics (YL), which has strengthened our freight forwarding service offering by air, road and ocean to add to our established global parcel delivery services. Demand for our services is at an all-time high resulting in significant investment in our ambitious growth strategy with Warehouses across the South East, Midlands and extending into mainland Europe.
Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, this role will develop and ensure delivery of appropriate training for all warehouse operations employees. To co-ordinate the activities of the warehouse training co-ordinators ensuring standards are maintained.
To actively work on training tasks for new contracts, compliance and H&S for warehouse operations across the business.
- Ensuring new starters complete the warehouse basic training programme within 2 weeks and that training co-ordinators ensure competence prior to signing off training.
- Ensure all training materials on the Nimble e-learning platform are accurate and up to date for the warehouse operations.
- Organising the production of new training materials using the tools available.
- Supporting other functions within the business to develop training for warehouse operations colleagues.
- Deliver training and sign-off on ad-hoc occasions as required.
- Facilitate and support managers to deliver classroom training relating to warehouse operations.
- Communicate new e-learning course material to warehouse management and Training Administrator to ensure appropriate allocation.
- Ensuring Evan’s Hub at each site is functional for training activities
- Lead the monthly warehouse training meeting of all the warehouse training co-ordinators
- Liaise with the Warehouse Apprenticeship Training provider and support the Warehouse Apprentices to complete their programme to a satisfactory standard and within the allocated timeframe.
- Support the Learning and Development Manager to ensure that the Kickstart programme for warehouse trainees is delivered as set out in the scheme application.
- Attend and contribute to appraisals where required
- Experience of warehouse operations sufficient to develop and deliver training.
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary
- Experience of developing engaging training material (desirable)
- Experience mentoring or delivering training to groups and one to one support (desirable)
- Ability to confidently make decisions and work autonomously
- Confident to deliver classroom style training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically required for writing SOPs and allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict guidelines and deadlines.
- Sound customer service skills and ability to liaise with customers and internal teams to develop good quality training materials for new contracts
- Ready mobility to work at any ILG site (expenses payable in line with ILG expenses policy)
- Salary of up to £27,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Pension, life assurance and Healthshield, care package and discount perks
- 22 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays with the option to buy / sell holiday
- Share in our business-wide supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Access opportunities to progress your career internally at ILG
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff member of the month awards
- Parking costs you nothing and you get free tea and coffee